Saturday, April 28, 2012

Odd br tags being inserted before and after VSPaste code when submitting blog post from Windows Live Writer 2011 to Blogger

The title says it all. I’m not sure if this is a problem with Windows Live Writer 2011 or Blogger, but I think it is Blogger’s issue because when I view source in WLW, it doesn’t show the breaks, they only appear after submission to Blogger. Indeed, I’ve been struggling against Google’s recent changes to Blogger, such as difficulties using my custom blog template I create for Project Euler for F#un to this, newer blog (I mean, sheesh, I only created the thing two years ago, would hope it wouldn’t obsolete ever, let alone so soon!).

Anyway, the solution was to edit the blog post through Blogger’s online editing tools, and remove the br tags from the source edit view there.

No comments:

Post a Comment